missmeyet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Basics

Go down

The Basics Empty The Basics

Post by boxerpaws Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:36 am

When we get some activity here and another admin added on we will see if the board will continue to be open to all or if we will decide to go with a members only policy.
For now it's open to all.
A few things to know.
You add posts via new topic,add reply or quick reply.
The icons are probably familiar but there's a few that might need explanation.
You can add an image or host an image here. If you host then you copy the image url and paste.
You can use embeds here for videos.I'll put one in as an example.
There are 2 sets of smilies.The General and if you see view more just use the arrow to access the Holiday/Birthday emoticons.I'll be adding more of those as we go.To use an emoticon(aka smilie)just click on it.
The chat is always open.You can log in from the board itself or log in from the chat room.I've used both and in my opinion the log in from the chat room itself is better.The chat is at the bottom(footer)of the board.
Test it out if you like.
You can use signatures in your post. Click on your username.Scroll down until you see profile and there you can add a signature.As for avatars-you can use one of your own.Go to the profile as well and upload there.There is an avatar gallery with a range of different avatars from forumotion.If you like the W you can keep it.
No problem.
You will also notice a pm icon.This can be used to send private messages to the admins or other members.
You can use the contact tab in a member's profile also. If they've listed their email then you can contact via email or pm.
It depends on how much info a member includes.
Files may be attached to a post. You can attach a doc or image.
IF there's anything here i have not explained very well bring it up. I'll go step by step until you have it down pat.
If there's something i missed PLS mention it!
It won't take long to get the hang of the board.You can always test things out in this category rather than the main categories.

If you're not sure which category to post something in just take a good guess.I probably won't move it unless it's so far off topic;will generally leave your input where you put it.The customer is always right.
iF you'd like to be an admin give a holler.
Will ask a very few questions and we'll take it from there.
i'm sure i've mssed something but this is all i can think of for now.Be sure to check out the portal.It's in the navigation menu at the top.

boxerpaws
boxerpaws
Admin
Admin

https://missmeyet.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum